Saturday 28 October 2017

Looking Back

                                        Why Molise?

                    LET'S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING
                                 A VERY GOOD PLACE TO START


These words are from a song from an old 1960s musical.

I have always been a romantic, a heart yearning for adventure. So when I lived in Italy the first time I think I fell in love with the mountains, the clear blue skies, the flowers, the sea and the people.

Yes it was different then. I lived in Varese, near the Lake Maggiore. I had two small children and lived an exciting life on the fringes of the expat community.

My children were fortunate to go to an International school which opened their eyes to the world and made them not just Europeans but CITIZENS of the WORLD. 

Studying languages from five years old they both learnt to speak four languages fluently, which has led them both to very successful careers in teaching and hospitality.

We skied every weekend in the winter, had amazing holidays, had enough money to lead relatively trouble life, and I thought we were happy.

Image result for broken hearts images



Image result for then

Sadly my marriage came to an end....


After a lot of tears, and I discovered that

Image result for divorce quote

I wanted to make it work but, I hated seeing people every day who had known us both, and I wanted to start again.

We packed our bags then moved back to England. 

As a nurse, it was easy to walk into another job.

Of course, it was straightforward, but I did get a chance to discover myself again, and we made it work.

Despite battling with all kinds of hassles along the way including a number of tumultuous relationships, I was able to study as well as having a fascinating and interesting career.
Image result for BUT
OVER time, I realised I missed 

Image result for italy
AND 

The coffeeImage result for cappuccino

The skiesImage result for blue skies
The mountains Image result for Matese mountains
The sea Image result for adriatic sea

All these things and more.Image result for WHY

I am really not sure, but rather like a niggling pain that would not go away, I decided I wanted to return.

Having just got my second divorce under my belt and embarked on another relationship I decided I was going back.

Hours searching on the internet led me to an estate agency in Vasto, where we began our search.
Image result for rightmove
It took a while.. but eventually, we found it.. 

We...that is my partner T and I

Our little piece of Heaven, here in MOLISE. 
A small very dilapidated farmhouse it sits on the side of a mountain just outside the village of Lucito.


That was in February 2016, and now I am living here, lock, stock and barrel.

AND....................
Image result for i love Molise

And we are going to 
 Image result for do it
 and Make it work ...
Image result for together




Follow my blog and I just know you will  
LOVE MOLISE TOOImage result for LOVEImage result for molise


.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sing the night away

A  unique celebration in Gambatesa I decided to something really different for NEW YEAR as it is my favourite night of the y...